First Dual pivot in the upper range
Stereo Times Magazine full review
Derek Abrahams, Owner Comments full review"
The Absolute Sound Magazine - Editors Choice Award 2012.
The Encounter arm builds on the outstanding performance of the Zephyr by improving the design and quality of many critical components. This is not just a development - it is a complete redesign.
The entire yoke and base are different from the fully gimballed tonearms below it in the range. These structures, contain the horizontal and vertical bearings and are therefore highly influential on sound quality.
The upgrade in design manifests itself in outstanding deep bass along with increased focus, stability and resolution through all frequencies. The tight and powerful bass carries the hallmark of authority and adds so much to the musical experience. In addition the arm dramatically improves the great transparency, tonal balance and sound-staging of the Zephyr tonearm. It produces a wonderful "live" feel to the music, with fabulous transient speed and "air". The Encounter arm is outstanding.
Many people wonder how much to invest in a tonearm. The answer to choosing the right arm for your needs is directly related to the importance of a tonearm in system hierarchy. To understand how much, a better tonearm will dramatically improve your system performance please see “Why Tonearms really matter”. This also reveals the story behind our cutting edge performance and introduces many aspects that apply to all Origin Live arms, saving repetition that would otherwise occur on every tonearm page.
• Carbon Fibre and ebony hybrid armtube.
• Dual Pivot revolutionary bearing to handle verticle arm movement.
• Low friction bearings in the base to handle horizontal arm movement. These bearings are housed using highly developed decoupling techniques.
• High grade Internal Litz wire and standard external cable with RCA plugs to fit into your amplification.
• Integral VTA adjustment.
• Fits ALL Rega armboard cut outs whether old style threaded base or new 3 point mounting.