Das Laufwerk no. 2
Das Laufwerk No.2 er top model hos Scheu
`Das Laufwerk´ is German for `the turntable´. As in, THE TURNTABLE. Our turntable with that very proud and distinctive name has recently become SCHEU´s top-of-the range model. In terms of performance it even comfortably exceeds the company´s previous top model, the Premier, and represents the beginning of a whole new phase for SCHEU.
Weighing in at a total of about 38 kg, this mighty turntable is really a heavyweight contender for the reference league.
By omitting the lead shot chamber and the joining of two shell halves, a turntable of unadorned elegance came into being. Since no lead shot could be used to diminish resonance effects, other solutions needed to be found. By combining various materials such as multi-ply acrylic, steel and bronze, it was possible to achieve extremely effective adaptive resonance suppression and damping, though.
This turntable also features up to three tonearm bases along with the electronically regulated DC motor with its fine speed adjustment and string drive, an 80-mm platter and height-adjustable steel feet in spike format.
Heavyweight turntable, total weight approx. 38 kg, turntable weight 7.5 kg
- Multilayered acrylic shell with stainless steel bases for three tonearms, available in polished black, colourless, polished transparent or in colourless satin-finish.
- Height-adjustable spike-shaped steel feet
- Inverted precision bearings
- 80 mm high, 7.5 kg acrylic platter
- Up to three armboards, for various tonearms, available in acrylic or bronze
Motor for Das Laufwerk no. 2
- Electronically regulated DC motor
- Microcontroller with digital 4-Q PI-controller
- Overload protection by integrated speed-dependent current-limitation
- Fine-speed adjustment +-3% for 33 and 45 rpm
- For belt, tape or string-drive